Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 2-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 2-1/4 cups salsa
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, gently combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 10, 2013
I make this recipe all the time and I always receive compliments. I change around the salsa and barbecue flavors occasionally or add lima beans instead of the butter beans. It's easy, reasonable in cost, and goes over well for potlucks or gatherings of family and friends.
Apr 2, 2010
These are awesome!! I get rave reviews every time I make this dish. This recipe makes a LOT of beans, though. I halve it for smaller gatherings.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.