Big-Batch Baked Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (55 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until beans reach desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 253 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 781mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 8g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 8, 2012
Excellent recipe, but I felt like it was missing something...maybe add a little Worcestershire sauce next time.
Jun 9, 2010
I make this again and again; mainstay. It's my absolute favorite baked beans recipe for my family and parties.