Cowboy Baked Beans
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 350 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1232mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 8g fiber), 20g protein.
Jul 17, 2017
This is a great dish even though it takes a bit to prepare. I made it as a large side dish for a family gathering and it was received well.
Feb 20, 2017
Hearty and yummy! A crowd pleaser. I would make this again, but cut the beef in half (just personal preference.) I like the beans more than the meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.