Potluck Baked Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, saute bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beans, brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and bacon mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 192 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 528mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 25, 2019
These were amazing. Even my picky eaters gobbled these beans up.
Jul 23, 2018
I would give this 10 stars if I could!!! I love the fact it uses a mixture of beans and the bacon goes in cooked and not raw. The Worcestershire sauce adds a wonderful flavor.
Feb 1, 2017
Love that the bacon is fried first. Nothing worse that finding what looks like raw bacon in baked beans. My 3 and 5 year old love them and ask for bacon candy beans on a regular basis.
Apr 19, 2015
This is a good baked been recipe. It makes a large batch so I froze some of it in 2 cup containers.
Aug 23, 2014
I made this as is for a bbq. It was delicious!
Aug 18, 2014
These were good, simple to assemble. Flavor was similar to other bean recipes I've tried.
Aug 7, 2014
I doubled the recipe and added 2lbs of maple sausage to make it a little more hearty. I also added a small can of diced chili's for some kick to counterbalance the sweetness of the brown sugar. Best baked beans I've ever made! Can't wait to take them to our potluck dinner tonight :)
Apr 9, 2014
the family loved it--this recipe has become a staple in our household!!JR Ranch
Feb 23, 2014
great recipe. I used one large can of baked beans instead of adding kidney and pinto beans. very good, will make again!
Nov 3, 2013
I MADE THE RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN. VERY GOOD EVERYONE HAD SECONDS. MY HUSBAND DID MENTION THAT IT WAS A LITTLE TOO SWEET. SO, NEXT TIME I WILL USE ONLY 1/4 CUP BROWN SUGAR.