Picnic Bean Casserole
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, onion, brown sugar and ketchup. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 30 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 7, 2016
Fast, easy and very good
Jun 24, 2013
This is a great recipe to use up all the different kind of beans in the pantry. Add a touch of hot pepper and it's all you need.
Jul 25, 2011
A great simple bean recipe. My kids loved it and didn't even complain about the lima beans!!! Delicious!!! I only did 4 stars because I thought it could use a little zip. It's good enough that I'm willing to try again and add some things.
Jul 18, 2008
I have been making these beans for years,only difference is I add 1 tsp of mustard. they are delicious and I have never found anyone that didn't like then
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.