Fourth of July Baked Beans
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cans (13.7 ounces each) beans with tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in sugars, ketchup, barbecue sauce, mustard, molasses and chili powder. Add beans and bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 45 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 323 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 970mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Jun 23, 2018
I left out the white sugar and ground meat. Very good but too sweet for my taste. I added an extra can of beans. (plain pink beans) because there was a lot of liquid. Next time I will eliminate both the sugars.
May 27, 2018
Best baked beans recipe....easy to make...
Jul 31, 2017
Re all the ads. Also response to Landbd. Go to "bar". Search bar at top of your device. The lines (bars) at the far end , left side, click on those. It will remove all the ads from print. They will still show up. Hit the print button on the left hand side under print options. When you hit print and it displays, there will be no ads on the printed copy. I understand your frustration. That tidbit showed up on an instruction I happened to read. I usually ignore that stuff but no more. Good luck.
Jun 25, 2017
Love this recipe! It is so fast to put together but tastes like more! I used two cans Ranch beans and the sauce. I also followed other reviewers and use just the brown sugar. It was perfect! Simmered in crock pot, which is great on hot days!
Oct 21, 2016
Good, solid baked beans. All loved them! Not just for the 4th.
Jun 27, 2016
Remove all the ads between the recipe and print key or remove me from the list!!
Mar 8, 2016
This was absolutely amazing. I used 30 oz. of pinto beans for the beans and didn't drain them. The dish was a big hit with the whole family!
Jul 10, 2015
Delicious! We halved it, & used Splenda brown sugar blend.
Jul 5, 2015
This was delicious. I brought it to the family 4th of July get-together and there wasnt a morsel left. Many compliments. Thanks for sharing this
Jul 4, 2015
Easy peasy and mmmgood
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.