- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans, drained
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and beans reach desired thickness.
2/3 cup: 268 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein.