Creamy Parmesan Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 small fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Aug 9, 2010
This is fantastic. I left out the red peppers because I didn't have any on hand, and added some grilled chicken breasts. I also used skim milk to save on some calories and because I didn't have any shredded parm. cheese I just sprinkled some grated over the top. Yum!
Mar 11, 2010
Sorry guys my computer was being silly but this is definitely a 5 Star dish!!
Mar 11, 2010
My husband loved this one!!
Jan 3, 2010
I leave out the mushrooms and add chicken. This is a wonderfully, quick recipe that can be doubled easily to serve more.
Jun 4, 2009
I added some cooked chicken to this recipe and it turned out great.