Creamy Parmesan Penne
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 small fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 314 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 9, 2010
This is fantastic. I left out the red peppers because I didn't have any on hand, and added some grilled chicken breasts. I also used skim milk to save on some calories and because I didn't have any shredded parm. cheese I just sprinkled some grated over the top. Yum!
Mar 11, 2010
Sorry guys my computer was being silly but this is definitely a 5 Star dish!!
Mar 11, 2010
My husband loved this one!!
Jan 3, 2010
I leave out the mushrooms and add chicken. This is a wonderfully, quick recipe that can be doubled easily to serve more.
Jun 4, 2009
I added some cooked chicken to this recipe and it turned out great.