Creamy Parmesan Spinach Bake
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 3 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place half of the spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or just until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining spinach; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, half-and-half, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in the artichokes, dill, seasoned salt and spinach.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 196 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 3, 2018
Dec 25, 2017
This recipe is AMAZING! Get rid of all your recipes that you thought were good for Creamed Spinach ~ they pale in comparison to this recipe! This can be made ahead, kept in the fridge and popped in the oven at a later date. I am telling you, this is the most luscious, decadent and delicious side dish I have ever tasted! Made it for CHRISTmas this year. My entire family raved about it ~ it will now be a staple on our holiday table. This could easily be used as a dip by the simple addition of some water chestnuts for some crunch. Serve this along side a beautiful steak and/or some seafood and you will have five~star meal! Enjoy ~ like we did!
Nov 29, 2016
Made this for Thanksgiving this year, and it was delicious! I used two 12 ounce bags of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in place of the fresh. I also sauteed the garlic along with the onion. Since I increased the spinach, I added additional cream cheese, half and half and parmesan to taste. Since I'm not a fan of dill, I omitted it. Don't be afraid to use more buttery crushed crackers on top. I did.... and it turned out great. A keeper!
Nov 12, 2015
This recipe looks like a 5 star to me. I'm going to give it a try for Thanksgiving. I think you could save on the calories if you used a lower fat cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 and 1/2. Just a thought.
Mar 5, 2012
very good but too fattening to make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.