Pork Chow Mein
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Cut pork into 4x1/4-in. strips; place in a bowl. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, ginger, broth and remaining soy sauce until smooth; set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on high; stir-fry pork until no longer pink.
- Remove and keep warm. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion, cabbage and spinach; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Stir broth mixture; stir into skillet along with pork. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Serve immediately over rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 162 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2016
Winner, winner in so many ways * This recipe can go 2 ways. Meatless and Meat included. I choose to do veggies only. Fabulous, tasty and very light in texture. It has great eye appeal and its quick and easy to make. Ingredients on hand makes it very cost effective. Its full of flavor and lacks nothing. I used Orzo instead of the rice. Just my preference. I will make this one again * Another Keeper.JanieTaste Of Home Volunteer Field Editor.
Aug 3, 2012
This is a go-to recipe when I want to make a stir-fry with pork. The sauce is excellent and works well with other meats also. I made this again last night but instead of the celery, spinach and cabbage I substituted a 1-pound bag of coleslaw mix. I also added a few torn mustard greens and some julienned zucchini. It was excellent!
Dec 31, 2011
My brother and mom really liked it, but I thought it was missing something...