Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, beans, dressing, taco seasoning and cumin. Place 3 tortillas in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until heated through, 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes; top with lettuce, tomato and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 357 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Aug 24, 2019
What a great recipe! Came together quick and my whole family LOVED it!! Would be a very easy recipe to accommodate to your family's personal tastes!
Aug 23, 2019
So good! Even my picky eaters loved it!
Aug 18, 2019
Oh my goodness this was good. I didn't have any ground meat but I had leftover brisket and it was perfect!!
Aug 14, 2019
Basically followed original recipe...however we preferred a bit more lettuce, tomato, etc. This is fun because you CAN make little adjustments to your family's liking and it is still AMAZING! Sorry, but even a little "mushy" I don't see how it would ruin the taste or make it gross. If it boiled over in your oven, and you used a 11"x7" Pyrex, it is because the recipe calls for an 11"x17"pan. Usually things boil over if your pan is too small OR your oven cooks too hot. My family thought it was great...I thought it was nutritious (hidden!), and we had fun all making it together.
May 3, 2019
My husband and I didn’t like it because of the flour tortillas. Should use corn tortillas. He thought bottom tortillas were hard from the baking. I had leftovers next day and the tortillas were mushy, pretty gross. Also, it bubbled over onto the bottom of my oven the last 5-10 minutes, uncovered, in an 11x7 Pyrex.
Mar 23, 2019
Oh so very good. The leftovers were even better. I highly recommend.
Mar 1, 2019
Great recipe! My family loves things cheesy so I added more cheese and sour cream.
Oct 9, 2018
I change out black beans for pinto beans and omitted the Clintro as we don't care for it.
Jun 13, 2018
I added a diced bull pepper and a half can of rinsed corn and didn’t use cumin or the dressing because of the other reviews where people said it didn’t add to the flavor of the meal, it was awesome! I also used probably three cups of cheese and it was almost quesadilla like, very delicious and different for basically tacos or burritos, my five kids ate every bite!
May 3, 2018
Loved this recipe. Made it for my husband's poker buddies. They gobbled it up! I did use more sour cream than called for but that only made the dish more creamy. Used a little more Mexican blend cheese than called for. I did add the Italian dressing and didn't see that it altered the dish adversely. I will definitely make this dish again. Served shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole and extra salsa on the side. Also served a corn salad which was made ahead.