Slow Cooker Ratatouille
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 3 hours
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place eggplant in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Stir in the tomatoes, zucchini, onions, green and yellow peppers, olives, tomato paste, basil, garlic, pepper and remaining salt. Drizzle with oil. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 116 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 26, 2017
We enjoyed this - we love just about any version of ratatouille, but this is the first time I made it in the slow cooker. For our taste, it needed longer cooking. I doubled or even tripled most of the veggies so we would have plenty of leftovers.
Sep 18, 2016
I loved it! Easy to make and definitely will be added to my recipe box for those cold winter nights. Hubby loved it but thinks pasta needs to be added to it for substance. Highly recommend this recipe!
Jun 19, 2014
This was just okay for me and the family. I love eggplant but not prepared this way.
Aug 16, 2012
This recipe was super easy and delicious! My whole family enjoyed it. It will be a staple in our home from now on. None of has ever had ratatouille before and I'm so glad I decided to make it. It smells wonderful cooking and cooks up beautifully. I ended up cooking mine on high for a couple hours and then on low until dinner. This is such a lovely and healthy meal. Thank you to Jolene for sharing! :)
Sep 8, 2011
So excited to try this recipe when I found it. Just was waiting for the summer produce to come on! Unfortunately, after investing in farm fresh produce at a local farm, my husband & I were terribly disappointed. I would have a lot rather used my fresh produce in other yummy summer recipes than emptying them down the disposal. Granted, it smelled delicious while cooking, which took about an extra hour to be done.
Aug 14, 2011
This was so easy to make. I was a little leary about the black olives but they complimented the dish. I used this as a side dish, but with the leftovers I reheated and put over cooked pasta noodles. This is a great dish, very flavourful, colourful and light. I will definitely make this again and again.