Thanksgiving Lover’s Pizza
Got Thanksgiving Day leftovers? Forget ho-hum turkey sandwiches and try this unique take on pizza instead. Get creative with different variations: use whole berry or jelly cranberry sauce; add dollops of mashed potatoes on top; drizzle with turkey gravy; sprinkle with stuffing or dressing; or try unique pizza crust varieties. —Carla Parker, Anderson, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in turkey, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with cranberry sauce, turkey mixture, sweet potato, cheeses and cranberries; sprinkle with rosemary. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's Note: To prepare potato, scrub potato and pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016