Thanksgiving Lover’s Pizza
Got Thanksgiving Day leftovers? Forget ho-hum turkey sandwiches and try this unique take on pizza instead. Get creative with different variations: use whole berry or jelly cranberry sauce; add dollops of mashed potatoes on top; drizzle with turkey gravy; sprinkle with stuffing or dressing; or try unique pizza crust varieties. —Carla Parker, Anderson, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in turkey, thyme, sage, salt and pepper.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Top with cranberry sauce, turkey mixture, sweet potato, cheeses and cranberries; sprinkle with rosemary. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Editor's Note: To prepare potato, scrub potato and pierce several times with a fork. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high 8-10 minutes or until tender, turning once.
Originally published as Thanksgiving Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.