Pineapple Ham Pizzas
In Alum Creek, West Virginia, Vicky Priestley recommends whipping up these barbecue Hawaiian pizzas as a quick after-school snack. Prepared on English muffins, the cheesy pizzas are something that kids of all ages enjoy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 ounces sliced deli ham, cut into strips
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2 slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese, quartered
- Place English muffins cut side up on a broiler pan. Spread with barbecue sauce; top with ham, pineapple and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 112 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Barbecued Ham & Pineapple Mini Pizzas in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006