Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes4 cups salsa
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries and kiwi. Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange. Add peel and juice to apple mixture. Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
- For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 121 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 25, 2019
Great recipe and loved the flavors. 2nd time we made it and we jazzed it up a bit. We left out the brown sugar and added homemade Blackberry Habenero Jelly. It was fabulous.
Apr 9, 2017
Substituted a small-medium ripe banana for the kiwi and orange peel due to picky kids ... very good!!
Jan 10, 2015
Dec 28, 2014
Anytime for a group.
Apr 17, 2013
Made for a sleepover of boys. It was a hit. They all liked the fruit alone and the chips alone but loved the combo together.
Dec 22, 2011
great for any time of year
Feb 8, 2010
Toooo good! Made this for the girls at the Super Bowl party ~ the guys got in our way!
Feb 19, 2009
Can't get enough of this salsa. I omitted the brown sugar and added raspberry pepper jelly, yum!
May 17, 2008
I made this for a party and it was a hit! My guests took leftovers home!