Zucchini Pico de Gallo Salsa
I love veggies and fresh ingredients this time of year. I make big bowls of this salsa, which we eat with pretty much everything in the summer when tomatoes are bountiful. My kids love it, though I leave out the jalapeno when making it for them. —Amy Gattuso, Madison Heights, Michigan
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1. Combine the first 9 ingredients. Add lime juice; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
1/4 cup: 10 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: free food.
Jul 28, 2018Fantastic recipe! Also works with cucumbers! Easy to customize too! Use what you have on hand. Like more cilantro? Add it in! My recipe uses green, red and white onions - experiment and see what your family likes best. Great way to eat extra vegetables without sacrificing flavor.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC