Quick Italian Salad Dressing
As a diabetic who likes salads, I was tired of plain vinegar and oil topping the greens. So I came up with this tongue-tingling dressing.—George Greenauer, Spencerport, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 to 4 teaspoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 96 calories, 10g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat.
Originally published as Italian Salad Dressing in Taste of Home February/March 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.