Easy Italian Spinach Salad
A simple homemade dressing makes this salad a flavorful option for any meal, but it’s ideal with lasagna, spaghetti, manicotti and more. —Cathy Desper, Staunton, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes10 servings (2/3 cup vinaigrette)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup salad croutons
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic and Italian seasoning; set aside.
- Divide spinach among 10 salad plates; top with tomatoes and onions. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and croutons.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 104 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 11, 2011
This was absolutely delicious and made a colorful presentation - the balsamic dressing tastes exactly like the balsamic dressing made at my favorite Italian restaurant! This one is definitely going into my "favorites"!