Potluck Antipasto Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large salad bowl. Stir in the next 12 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and lemon juice. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 290 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 11, 2014
Made it for Italians & they liked it!
Nov 25, 2013
Another good recipe in a hurry!
May 8, 2013
This is delicious!
Apr 8, 2013
OMgoodness, this dish looks fantastic. Will definitely be making this time and time again. Thank you for sharing!
Aug 24, 2012
I got this recipe from your magazine several years ago and have made it dozens of time since then. I don't use the garbanzo beans, and sometimes add cherry tomatoes. I have also substituted italian dressing in a pinch and tastes pretty much the same as the one in the recipe. Great recipe, everybody loves it.
Jun 28, 2011
<p>EXCELLENT RECIPE SAVER ENJOYED BY ALL OF OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE WILL MAKE AGAIN FOR FUTURE GATHERINGS</p><p>
Jul 24, 2010
I made this for Memorial Day and it was a big hit. I brought the leftovers to work the next day. All of my coworkers raved about it and to this day, I'm asked to bring it any time we do a pot luck
Aug 13, 2008
I have made this numerous times for gatherings or just for us. Sometimes I substitute vinegar for the lemon juice. Very good.