Spicy Antipasto Salad
Packed with inviting ingredients and fabulous flavors, this salad is a favorite at all our family picnics. Use dried herbs in a pinch.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 12 pepperoncini
- 1-1/2 cups cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cubed salami
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup capers, drained
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, basil, oregano, pepper flakes, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 218 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Antipasto Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.