Quick Nicoise Salad
Like the classic French salad Nicoise, I pack my salad with veggies, potatoes, tuna and eggs. Cooking the potatoes and beans together helps build it fast. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 2 large), cubed
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 3 pouches (2-1/2 ounces each) light tuna in water
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, until tender, 8-10 minutes, adding green beans during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain potatoes and beans; immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, lemon zest and pepper. Divide romaine among four plates; arrange potatoes, green beans, eggs, tuna and tomatoes over romaine. Serve with dressing mixture.