Corned Beef and Coleslaw Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced corned beef
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Place coleslaw mix in a small bowl. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish sauce, mustard and salt. Pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat until toasted, 2-3 minutes on each side. Layer with corned beef, coleslaw mixture and cheese. Broil 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 423 calories, 26g fat (14g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1203mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 27, 2015
YUM!! I love the little kick of the horseradish.
Mar 28, 2014
Wonderful! Husband thought he was having a Reuben, no! This is a great sandwich! I added the Russian dressing on mine to try "suelynnes" suggestion for the New Yorker. Great both ways! Thank you Marilou for sharing!!
Mar 17, 2014
My family enjoyed these sandwiches and the horseradish cream in the dressing/coleslaw mix gave it a little kick that my husband enjoyed. I would do these again.
Mar 15, 2014
I made a corn beef brisket in the am and had these sandwiches for dinner. Delish :) The bread burnt in the broiler. Keep a close eye on it!!!! Or you could just toast the bread and put sandwich in the microwave for a brief time!!!
Mar 14, 2014
This is a keeper. I love to make Reuben's for the guy who loves them. The rest of us can't handle the kraut. Maybe, just maybe I won't have to make a 2 meal dinner for one nights meal.
Mar 13, 2014
This is super delicious, but I add a teaspoon or two of sugar to the coleslaw as well. My husband won't eat a Rueben, but this he loves.
Mar 29, 2013
I added some Russian dressing to make it a sandwich I know as a "New Yorker". I love them.