Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toss all vegetables and sesame seeds to combine. In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving; toss again before serving.
Mar 9, 2014
Absolutely awesome salad! I added mandarins and ramen noodles, and doubled the dressing and cabbage. Sooooo yummy.
Dec 13, 2013
This was delicious. I was looking for something different to take to the lake, rather than the same old pasta or fruit salads, and this turned out to be a perfect, simple dish to share. I added ramen right before serving to add some extra crunch. Will certainly make this again.
Apr 2, 2012
The flavor was excellent. Two comments: 1. I would triple the cabbage and double the dressing. 2.Add the dressing when serving or it gets soggy. Also, replaced the water chesnuts with sliced toasted almonds. We have big eaters , and needed the extra cabbage. We will make this again!
Aug 3, 2011
I added a red pepper and romen noodles. The water chestnuts really did the trick...I have picky eaters and they really loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.