Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 5 cups coarsely chopped Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (1-inch pieces)
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Toss all vegetables and sesame seeds to combine. In small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving; toss again before serving.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2014
Absolutely awesome salad! I added mandarins and ramen noodles, and doubled the dressing and cabbage. Sooooo yummy.
Dec 13, 2013
This was delicious. I was looking for something different to take to the lake, rather than the same old pasta or fruit salads, and this turned out to be a perfect, simple dish to share. I added ramen right before serving to add some extra crunch. Will certainly make this again.
Apr 2, 2012
The flavor was excellent. Two comments: 1. I would triple the cabbage and double the dressing. 2.Add the dressing when serving or it gets soggy. Also, replaced the water chesnuts with sliced toasted almonds. We have big eaters , and needed the extra cabbage. We will make this again!
Aug 3, 2011
I added a red pepper and romen noodles. The water chestnuts really did the trick...I have picky eaters and they really loved it.