Sunflower Noodle Coleslaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Break noodles into small pieces. In a large bowl, combine the noodles, coleslaw mix, sunflower kernels and green pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, pepper and contents of seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 169 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jun 4, 2019
I have tried a few variations of this recipe, and this is a good version. I like the poppyseeds, but have also used sesame seeds. I usually add some crunchy Oriental noodles and a protein (bakes salmon, chicken, etc.) Great potluck dish!
Jul 18, 2013
Great recipe! I used 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar instead of white and it gave it a little extra "bite"!
Jul 10, 2013
This was great 5 stars. I left out green peppers because my husband can't eat them. He said I should make it again. I used oriental noodles.
Jun 8, 2013
Do you cook the ramen noodles?
Jun 8, 2013
Seasoning packet is in the Chicken Ramen Noodles Soup package.
Jun 7, 2013
Where is the seasoning packet???????????
Sep 18, 2012
Took no time at all to fix. I used broccoli slaw in place of Cole slaw.
Apr 4, 2012
The Oriental seasoned ramen noodles are even better with this. My husband, who hates coleslaw, swoons over this. It is amazing...even without the green peppers. I use regular canola oil as well.
Nov 20, 2011
Delicious, economical, and easy. Thank you so much for this recipe.
Aug 26, 2011
This was an easy light coleslaw to fix up for a cool summer dinner. I love it! It has become my signature salad for this summer. It goes to all the potlucks and BBQ with me.