Crunchy Peanut Coleslaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, cauliflower, celery, onion, green pepper and cucumber. Add dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2010
My family really liked this slaw and its just packed full of veggies! I made it exactly as stated and it was great - but next time I wouldn't use all the dressing, so you might want to put that in a little at atime instead of dumping it all in at once and I'll add a few more peanuts because we loved those. Great crunchy flavor. I'll definately be making this again.