German Hot Noodle Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Saute onion in reserved drippings until tender. Stir in the sugar, flour, salt and mustard; add water and vinegar until blended. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Rinse and drain noodles; add to skillet. Stir in celery and parsley; heat through. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with reserved bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 10, 2015
Flavor galore and easy to prepare! This would be a perfect offering in October when Oktoberfest is going on--or ANYtime, for that matter!
Dec 28, 2014
Delicious! This recipe is so quick and easy, a real family favorite.
May 15, 2014
Very much enjoyed this. I grilled up bratwurst to serve with it and ended up adding it to the salad - it was great!!
Jan 21, 2012
I have made this recipe several times with positive comments. For a change, I use small salad potatoes that have been cooked, peeled, cooled, and sliced in place of the noodles. It tastes like authentic German potato salad.
Jul 24, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.