Beef Burgundy Over Noodles
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute beef and onion just until beef is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, wine, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf and clove. If desired, stir in browning sauce. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 376 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2017
We really liked this dinner, except my husband wanted more meat (of course).
Dec 11, 2009
I'm rating this recipe a 5 even though I didn't stick to it exactly. My brother, 9 year old niece and 6 year old nephew are picky eaters and loved this! I used chuck steak instead of sirloin because it was much less expensive. My niece won't eat onions so I substituted onion powerder. I also used canned mushrooms instead of fresh and beef broth instead of burgundy. I didn't measure anything (I never do) but approximately tripled the recipe. I also added about 1 1/2 tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce. Everybody loved it and has already asked me to save the recipe so I can make it again.