Beef Burgundy Over Noodles
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1-1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles (about 4 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute beef and onion just until beef is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms, wine, 1/4 cup water, 2 tablespoons parsley and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until beef is tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Discard bay leaf and clove. If desired, stir in browning sauce. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 376 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Dec 15, 2017
We really liked this dinner, except my husband wanted more meat (of course).
Dec 11, 2009
I'm rating this recipe a 5 even though I didn't stick to it exactly. My brother, 9 year old niece and 6 year old nephew are picky eaters and loved this! I used chuck steak instead of sirloin because it was much less expensive. My niece won't eat onions so I substituted onion powerder. I also used canned mushrooms instead of fresh and beef broth instead of burgundy. I didn't measure anything (I never do) but approximately tripled the recipe. I also added about 1 1/2 tablespoons Worchestershire Sauce. Everybody loved it and has already asked me to save the recipe so I can make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.