Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and paprika. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil. Add soup and wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 362 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 1, 2016
This dish turned out to be a disappointment, flavor-wise. It was too bland to suit my tastes, so if I make it again I'd add some extra seasonings starting with some salt and pepper. Too much flour clung to the meat, so the sauce had a floury taste but it did hasten the thickening of the sauce.
Mar 31, 2015
Made this recipe exactly as printed. It tasted great. Wonderful flavor.
Jun 5, 2013
Great. Easy to make a very tasty. Added mushrooms, red pepper for a slight kick and used 1/2 c beef broth and 1/4 cup of wine
Apr 15, 2012
i made this dish with porter house steak andi ground it . it came out even better. i addeda little parsely. me and my husband loved it.
Jan 16, 2012
quick, east, and great!
Oct 5, 2010
This is very good. I highly recommend it.