Cheeseburger Skillet Dinner
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown the turkey or beef with the onion; drain. Stir in vegetables, ketchup, water, mustard and garlic powder. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Mix in macaroni and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 436 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 15, 2017
This was super delicious and full of flavor! I love how easy it was to get together and put on the dinner table for my kids.
Aug 4, 2013
I was skeptic of this at first but decided to try it. I was surprised that we all liked it. It is quick, quite affordable, tastes good & something different.
Jul 12, 2012
In general I like all ingredients but together they didn't taste well to us... :(
Nov 27, 2010
I loved this dish! My hubby was not a big fan but the kids were. I doubled the recipe but next time I will prob triple it just to make sure there are leftovers.
Jan 22, 2010
I think I'm allergic to this! :(
Jan 6, 2010
This is a quick recipe that the whole family eats. We have made this several times :)