Cube Steak Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 beef cube steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced potatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown steaks on both sides in oil until no longer pink. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the onion, potatoes and beans to skillet; stir in soup. Return steaks to skillet. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat is tender. Sprinkle with paprika.
Jan 11, 2016
My family thought this was just OK. It was certainly easy to prepare, and it is filling, but it could have used more seasoning. More pepper at the table helped. I probably won't be making this again.
Apr 18, 2012
My children and I loved it! This dish is very savory and tasty!
Mar 20, 2012
I loved this recipe. It can be easliy doubled for a dinner party. I used cream of celery soup instead. (ran out of cream of mushroom soup) Very good flavor. Will make this time and again.
Jan 27, 2011
THIS WAS A VERY GOOD DISH. I'LL MAKE IT ALOT. SELOGY
Mar 11, 2010
This recipe turned out to be outstanding. The flavor is scrumptious. The green beans are only one of many veggies that can be added. We put in some suger snap peas and were delighted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.