Oven-Fried Ranch Steak
I've made this recipe with chicken instead of beef, and the results were equally good. The combination of ranch salad dressing and cajun seasoning also is great as a dip for fresh veggies.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a shallow dish, combine salad dressing and seasoning; add the beef and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade. In a shallow plate, combine the cornmeal, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Coat both sides of beef in cornmeal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Originally published as Oven-Fried Ranch Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.