Skillet BBQ Round Steak
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 pound boneless beef round steak (1 inch thick), cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, ketchup, water, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and seasonings; pour over the beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 215 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 22, 2014
Very good. Meat was very tender.
Jul 20, 2011
Hubby really liked this, but I thought the sauce had too much vinegar. The meat was nice and tender.
Mar 23, 2010
Our whole family loves this recipe, all the way down to our 4 year old. I usually double the sauce because we like it so much, even the leftovers (if there are any) are wonderful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.