Tomato Green Bean Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrots in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 58 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Apr 1, 2016
Loved the soup recipe. I used can of diced tomatoes, and I added diced ham, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and a few handfuls of small pasta. Very tasty. Thanks for sharing, Bernice!
Dec 13, 2015
I like it before I try it.
Sep 3, 2015
Made recipe as written. My husband loves soup for lunch. He had a 2nd bowl. Will try it with my homemade stewed tomatoes and my frozen green beans this winter.
Dec 11, 2011
Very good and low Weight Watcher points.
Sep 29, 2011
Oops for got to rate this yummy soup. Left my review abrove. ;-)
Sep 29, 2011
Made this with my fresh garden veggies and added sauteed chicken breast. Yummy...very tasty! My family is going to like this.
Apr 6, 2011
Very tasty soup. Good seasoning. I added some uncooked spiral rotini, red pepper flakes and instead of fresh tomatoes I added a can of petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil.