Dad’s Creamed Peas & Pearl Onions
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups frozen peas (about 20 ounces), thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions (about 9 ounces), thawed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup salted cashews
- In a large skillet, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until onions are tender and most of liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Top with bacon and cashews.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 322 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 26, 2018
This recipe is so delicious! I made this for a Memorial Day cookout, and there was almost nothing left of it after everyone ate their fill. The only trouble I had was finding the frozen pearl onions, but wow are they delicious. It was worth heading to a second store to find them. I highly recommend this and am planning to make it again.