Slow Cooker Sriracha Corn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 small ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/4 cup water
- Additional smoked paprika, optional
- Mix first five ingredients. Place each ear of corn on a 12x12-in. piece of heavy-duty foil; spread with 1 tablespoon butter mixture. Wrap foil around corn, sealing tightly. Place in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Add water; cook, covered, on low until corn is tender, 3-4 hours. If desired, sprinkle corn with additional paprika before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 209 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 20, 2018
Yummy and not that hot.
Jul 15, 2017
It's a keeper, for sure! I cut the corn off of 8 small ears of corn and cooked the recipe on the stove top using 3 tablespoons of butter and a tablespoon of oil to keep the butter from browning. I first saut?ed a diced small onion then added the seasonings, water and corn. I simmered it on medium-high heat for 10-15 minutes until water was almost evaporated and corn was crisp tender. Absolutely loved the combination of sweet, smoky, and hot!!
Jul 10, 2017
i love me some corn on the cob. This corn was amazing, and it also helped with any timing issues. If you are barbecuing, these babies are ready to go in the slow cooker, no worries.
Jul 3, 2017
We had this last night with Porterthouse steaks and baked potatoes. This corn was amazing! It was a little smoky, sweet, spicy and tasty. Don't be scared to try this , the taste is subtle, the corn taste still comes through. I followed recipe exactly, but only had 6 ears corn. Cooked on low for 4-1/2 hrs then switched to keep warm . I did add a little more water as they steamed. First time using the slow cooker to cook corn and it came out great! Will definitely be making this many more times. Thank you for a new way to jazz up corn!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.