Slow-Cooked Cajun Corn
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, or more to taste
- 4 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 3/4 cup water
- Combine butter and Cajun seasoning until well blended. Place each ear of corn on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Spread butter mixture over each ear. Wrap foil tightly around corn.
- Place ears in a 6-qt. slow cooker; add water. Cook, covered, on high until corn is tender, 4-6 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 ear of corn: 190 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 21, 2019
This corn is easy and flavorful. Since it cooks in the slow cooker, it also alleviates timing issues when grilling.
Jul 26, 2017
I wonder if this would work also with the use of a crockpot liner still wrapping the ears in foil.
Jul 19, 2017
I made this yesterday, it was so very good and easy. I used Cajun spice instead of seasoning, I don't know if they are the same. I did 12 ears of corn in my crock pot and it was all good and tasty. I tripled my butter mixture because of more corn and my concern was there wouldn't be enough so I went light on butter in the beginning. When I was closer to being done wrapping ears, I had plenty of butter left so I unwrapped half my ears and put more butter on. I used regular foil and tore a piece, then rolled corn on an angle to get my double foil, it worked fine. I made this for a fussy group of four and all but 2 ears were eaten. This is perfect for a picnic or buffet style as the corn stays hot in the crock pot and no boiling water to worry with.