Cajun Buttered Corn
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 medium ears sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- In a large kettle, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil; add corn. Return to a boil; cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne; cook and stir for 1 minute. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; gradually whisk into butter mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain corn; serve with seasoned butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 105 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Mar 5, 2014
I also used steamed fresh corn. The spices provide the perfect subtle heat that pairs well with the creaminess of the butter, chicken broth, and cornstarch.
Feb 25, 2013
Love this recipe, but instead of using ears of corn, I use 2 cans of steamed fresh corn and it is perfect!
Mar 30, 2012
It paired beautifully with a sweet BBQ chicken recipe I made, just enough heat at the back of your throat to balance the meal. But definitely mild enough that my 5 year old loved it.
Jan 17, 2010
delicious and easy to make!