Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 10 cups frozen corn (about 50 ounces), thawed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped green onions
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 4-5 hours. Stir just before serving. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 259 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 15, 2019
This is the best cream style corn I have ever made! Taste great and thick; not runny at all. The recipe does great in the slow cooker. A wonderful dish for a crowd and you don't have to worry about cooking it on the stove. In the beginning; however, you must give it a stir to incorporate all the ingredients though.....
Jan 26, 2019
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, 2018. As a nutrition teacher I am always looking for new recipes to add to our traditional meals. This one did not disappoint. My family enjoyed it so much I make it about every other week now. It has quickly become a favorite in our home. I also had my nutrition students make it. We prepped the recipe one day and I turned on the slow cooker the next morning so it would be ready for our afternoon class time. My students loved it too!