Slow-Cooker Creamed Corn with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 10 cups frozen corn (about 50 ounces), thawed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped green onions
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 4-5 hours. Stir just before serving. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 259 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2019
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, 2018. As a nutrition teacher I am always looking for new recipes to add to our traditional meals. This one did not disappoint. My family enjoyed it so much I make it about every other week now. It has quickly become a favorite in our home. I also had my nutrition students make it. We prepped the recipe one day and I turned on the slow cooker the next morning so it would be ready for our afternoon class time. My students loved it too!