Slow Cooker Creamed Corn with Bacon
Every time we take this super rich corn to a holiday potluck or work party, we leave with an empty slow cooker. It's decadent, homey and so worth the splurge. —Melissa Birdsong, Waleska, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes20 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 10 cups frozen corn (about 50 ounces), thawed
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped green onions
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until heated through. Stir just before serving. Sprinkle with bacon and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 259 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 433mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Crockpot Cream Corn with Bacon & Scallions in Taste of Home February/March 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.