Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Optional toppings: sliced ripe olives and shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.
- Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
- To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 452 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 1368mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 31, 2017
I first saw this recipe in my TOH magazine when my children were small. We've been making tacos this way for years, and now that they are teenagers they still request this meal often!
Apr 29, 2015
I've made this several times. It has become a family staple. All I have to say is flatbread tacos and the entire family is excited for dinner!
Sep 4, 2014
Excellent! My husband said he would rather have tacos like this than the usual way I fix soft tacos (which is just meat and a packet of taco seasoning, along with using a flour tortilla). The diced tomatoes and beans really add to it and also provided that extra filling, so you end up with plenty. And I loved the biscuits as the shell (I used "Grands")! I did cut back just a little on the hot sauce, but that is just preference. I also added more ranch dressing than what was called for in the sour cream, as we love ranch! This is a keeper for sure!
Mar 9, 2014
These were great and I love the idea of making biscuits into flatbread. They were so moist! I recommend the to anyone.it was so easy and fast to put together.
Feb 27, 2014
Used chicken instead of beef or turkey. Turned out fabulous!!!
Jun 5, 2013
This recipe is easy & delicious. We liked the change of pace to the typical taco & the biscuit makes this almost like comfort food. We ate them open face with forks instead of folding.
Mar 4, 2013
Nov 3, 2012
Quick, easy, and tasty!
Sep 2, 2012
I made these out of my "best loved recipes" cookbook and they were well received by my family. I LOVED the ranch sour cream sauce. I did make tiny changes like using low fat sour cream, but that is the only change I made. Sooo yummy and pretty easy. The beans and tomato's were really good in the taco meat, I think I may do this in all my taco meat from now on.
Feb 26, 2012
The refrigerated biscuit dough was an excellent idea. These were a nice break from the traditional corn or flour tortillas. I will be making these again soon!