Quick Chili Mac
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili with beans
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef with pepper and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in chili, corn and macaroni; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 422 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 898mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Oct 11, 2019
I make a similar chili mac, but use 3 cans of chili with beans, eliminate the hamburger (enough meat in chili), onions, and pepper. All else is the same. It makes it even easier, and tastes great.
Apr 24, 2018
I can't eat beef, so I would try ground turkey along with the Hormel Turkey Chili.
Apr 24, 2018
Feb 15, 2017
I used a batch of my own chili (with beef and beans) therefore I omitted the canned chili, along with the beef, onion and pepper; since all those ingredients are in my chili. It was absolutely delicious, although, my chili rocks if I do say so myself, so I am sure that helped make it. It was very easy, just added elbows, corn and cheddar. A great new way to jazz up chili night.
Aug 6, 2014
Very good and very easy to make. Thanks for sharing.
Jan 7, 2013
Fast and simple to make and tasted good! :)
Nov 7, 2011
I leave out the onion, and sometimes don't even add the extra pound of hamburger. My family loves this!
Oct 29, 2011
it was yummy! I think the next time I make I will add some taco seasoning-we tried it with some sour cream on top-
Sep 26, 2011
This recipe is quick and tasty!! I did season the ground meat (turkey) and added sour cream on top. The next time I make this I would like to use taco season and sauté hot peppers with my onion and bell pepper.
Aug 20, 2010