Creamy Turkey a la King
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm biscuits
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Serve immediately with biscuits or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen Turkey a la King: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan; add chicken broth to thin if necessary. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 355 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1024mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Jan 19, 2015
I made it vegetarian. I used Vegetable broth(low sodium) instead of chicken broth and Tofu instead of turkey. I made a basic biscuit from scratch(just search basic biscuit) super easy. While the meal was cooking I made the biscuits. Everything organic and whole wheat flour. Who says healthy can't be easy and good? Seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and it was a hit.
Feb 3, 2013
My Mom loved it, I found it a little salty
May 8, 2011
Tried this last night!! My whole family loved it! I used chicken instead of turkey and add some peas as well. Will absolutley make again!!!!!!!!!!!! SO YUMMY
Mar 31, 2011
Good use for leftover turkey, and good comfort food!
Dec 1, 2009
low cost and tastey