Pumpernickel Turkey Hero
Thousand Island dressing lends flavor to each bite of this hearty turkey and Swiss sandwich. —Mildred Sherrer, Bay City, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced pumpernickel bread
- 1/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 package (12 ounces) thinly sliced deli turkey
- Cut bread in half horizontally; spread salad dressing over cut sides. On the bottom half, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, onion, half of the cheese and half of the turkey. Top with remaining cheese and turkey. Replace bread top. Cut into wedges.