Country-Style Scrambled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 9-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Cook and stir potatoes in drippings over medium heat for 12 minutes or until tender. Add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese; stir it in or let stand until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 577 calories, 45g fat (19g saturated fat), 487mg cholesterol, 1230mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 22, 2018
Halves easily for two but husband said he could have eaten more. LOVED the medley of flavors- so easy to make, looks were just as good as taste. Plan to share this recipe with family AND make it again. Thanks for sharing Joyce!
Jan 18, 2018
This recipe is the way my dad made scrambled eggs for us on Saturday mornings after we came in from fishing! As a few other reviewers said, he'd salt & pepper the potatoes as they cooked in the bacon grease. Oh, how I miss this breakfast! I make it for my family, but somehow, it doesn't taste as good as my dad's. There's no substitute ingredient for a dad's love!
Jan 18, 2018
Scramble egg casserole
May 1, 2011
Its very good but I used baked potatoes & it made it even tastier & quicker to fix. :)
Nov 27, 2010
I will make this again but would salt and pepper the potatoes as they are cooking and add some garlic in with the onion.
Aug 21, 2010
I have made this several times and love it each and every time. I went to a brunch and made this and all 14 women wanted a copy. It is just that fantastic!! I add a little less green pepper. You must try tis one.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.