Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata
Peppers add “zing” to this wonderful egg dish, chock-full of herby seasoning. It’s simple to put together for breakfast or brunch. —Kristin Cummins, Mogadore, OH
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, herbs, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until nearly set. Top with pickled peppers and cheese.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Health Tip: For all those years, experts were wrong about cholesterol in food. Turns out, it doesn’t negatively affect blood cholesterol in the way that they thought.