Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata
Peppers add “zing” to this wonderful egg dish, chock-full of herby seasoning. It’s simple to put together for breakfast or brunch. —Kristin Cummins, Mogadore, OH
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced pickled peppers
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, herbs, salt and pepper until blended.
- In a 10-in. broiler-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until nearly set. Top with pickled peppers and cheese.
- Broil 4-5 in. from heat 3-4 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Health Tip: For all those years, experts were wrong about cholesterol in food. Turns out, it doesn’t negatively affect blood cholesterol in the way that they thought.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 234 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 384mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Stevereno's Pepper and Fresh Herb Frittata in Country Woman August/September 2009