Herb Breakfast Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove onion and keep warm. Arrange potato slices in a single layer over bottom of pan. Preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, seasonings and onion; pour over potatoes. Cover and cook until nearly set, 4-6 minutes.
- Uncover skillet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until eggs are completely set, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 204 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 321mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 8, 2017
I made this frittata for our breakfast along with cheddar bacon biscuits and fresh fruit cups and everyone in the family loved it. Delicious, Quick and Easy!
Mar 16, 2014
This recipe turned out beautifully, but my husband thought it was missing something, and that something was bacon. He suggested we sprinkle a little crumbled bacon on top along with the cheese. I will definitely be making this again!
Feb 11, 2013
I made this for breakfast and both my husband and I loved it! I've made it at least twice since then and will continue to make it frequently. I love the onions and the potato base.
Nov 14, 2012
Excellent for breakfast. Also good for a light lunch or dinner served with a salad. I added spinach, but you could add any other vegetable. Enjoy!