What’s in the Fridge Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs; set aside. In an 8-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the onion, pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Reduce heat; sprinkle with crab. Top with eggs. Cover and cook until nearly set, 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until eggs are completely set, 2-3 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 215 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 361mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2013
Who doesn't love a good frittata? This is a good base for a great one and you can basically put anything you want to put into it.
Sep 18, 2013
Taking my cue from the name of the recipe, I've made this frittata with "what's in the fridge." Although once I did use crabmeat and Swiss cheese, I've also substituted those for turkey sausage and cheddar, spinach, tomato and feta cheese, and even chopped ham and jarlsberg cheese. The basic idea is great, easy to make and very tasty. I'm not a pepper person so omit and use whatever eggs I have in the fridge. Guess what? Comes out terrific every time!