Very Veggie Frittata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, yellow and green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Hot pepper sauce, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese and green onions; set aside. In a 9-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the mushrooms, sweet peppers and onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; top with egg mixture. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- Uncover skillet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with pepper sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 269 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 312mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2015
this is really good. I used a blend of yellow, orange, red, and green bell peppers, mushrooms, purple and green onions. Zucchini, diced tomatoes, leftover broccoli or cauliflower, or yellow squash would also be good in this. I made a 1 person version.
Jul 31, 2013
I tried this recipe last night after having it on my to-try list for awhile. I didn't have any mushrooms, but substituted diced zucchini, which worked very, very well. I also didn't have an ovenproof skillet, so skipped the broiling step and left off the additional cheese. It was excellent even without this step. This was a quick and easy frittata and I liked the fact that it only took 5 eggs. Will make this again and again!