Christmas Morning Frittata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in tomatoes and parsley; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in reserved vegetables.
- Pour into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Jun 25, 2018
I love this recipe! Have made it as is, but wondering if I can also double it for larger group and cook in 9x12 pan? Thanks very much!
Dec 25, 2016
In spite of the glowing reviews, we didn't like this recipe. Using the bread crumbs made it dense. Still, try it and form your own opinion, but we'll be looking at other recipes for something that's more like an actual frittata.
Apr 26, 2013
My family loves this version of frittata for brunch or a light dinner - very good!
Oct 6, 2009
I added ham and a couple extra eggs and used cheddar cheese instead of mozarella for this recipe. It was very good. Will make again.
Dec 25, 2008
My family loves this frittata! It has become one of our Christmas morning traditions. We all look forward to having this for breakfast after opening presents. I do add sausage and an extra egg or two and it is delicious!