Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham or cooked bulk pork sausage
- 10 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut diagonally
- In a 10- or 12-in. skillet, saute potatoes, onion and green pepper in oil until potatoes are tender. Add the meat and heat through.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture. Do not stir. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until top is lightly browned. Arrange cheese slices on top; let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 278mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 23, 2011
My kids and I enjoyed this, but we all three agree'd that it seemed to lack some flavor. I think by adding a few extra seasonings that this would be excellent. It cooked up nicely, and didn't scorch the bottom. Served up pretty too. :)