Chili-Cheese Rice Frittata
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 5 large eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Picante sauce or salsa
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute the green pepper and onions in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, tomato and chilies. in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot pepper sauce. Stir into the rice mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into wedges; serve with picante sauce or salsa.
Mar 11, 2018
Very good! Also used brown rice and it did stick to the cast iron skillet. Small price to pay...
Oct 29, 2017
I definitely liked this -- the only thing that disappointed me was that it stuck some to the cast iron skillet. Kind of wishing I could've baked it in a pie plate but the only one I have is 9". Still good!
May 20, 2015
I thought this was real good. I used brown rice and left out the tomatoes. My husband dose not like tomatoes. I would have left them in.
Sep 10, 2011
I like this ok, but my family didn't. My husband said that I have made better egg dishes. I think the canned green chilies may be what he he didn't like about it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.